Join us for training about gaming in your library! Learn the ins and outs of International Games Day (November 19, 2016), why gaming is important, Gen Con, partnering with others through gaming, and more. Feel free to bring your own lunch and stay for some play after the training.
Lunch will not be provided.
Agenda for the Gaming Day training:
10:00 Introduction and welcome
10:05 IGD: how to register, what we do at our library
IGD: marketing and other options
10:35 Justifying gaming in your library
- Justifying a gaming budget
- Selecting appropriate games for your programs
- Games with other programs
- Multigenerational gaming: good idea? Or not?
11:15 Reaching out
- Reaching out to gaming stores, demo groups, and clubs
- Reaching out to publishers
11:30 Gaming Resources
11:45 Gaming Conventions
12:00 Escape Room/ Breakout Edu
12:30 New Games
1:00 Lunch and play time
For: South Carolina public and school library staff
- Donald Dennis, Teen, Technology, & Games Librarian, Georgetown County Library System
- Stephanie Frey, Library Teen Games & Technology Assistant, Georgetown County Library System - Waccamaw Neck Branch Library
- Pamela Hoppock, Learning Experiences Coordinator, South Carolina State Library
- Michelle Ralston, Library Services Technology Consultant, South Carolina State Library
Location: SC State Library, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Cost: Free, but registration is required.