Location: South Carolina State Museum, 301 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC
Date/Time: Friday, June 8, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Audience: Library staff who plan and conduct programs for adult library patrons
- Library Partnerships with Correctional Facilities--Amy Schofield and Jessica Blizzard-Henry, Richland Library
- The Library is For Everyone: Identifying and Overcoming Barriers in your Community--Carol Hull, State Library Inclusive Services Consultant
- Passive Programming--Jennifer Wright, Spartanburg Library
- Computer Class Tips and Tricks--Panel discussion
- Programming Lightning Round--collaborative discussion/presentation by attendees
- State Library Kits for Adult Programs--Rebecca Antill, State Library Youth Services Consultant
If you would like to share a program during the Lightning Round session, please list the topic on the registration form. Each participant will have 2 minutes to speak about their program, including such details as how you planned and marketed the event, the target audience, the presenter, any challenges encountered, what made the event a success, and what the organizers might do differently in future.
- Participants will become familiar with current trends in adult library programs.
- Participants will connect with other programming library staff.
- Participants will share ideas and resources for successful programs at their libraries.
Cost: $10, includes lunch
Parking: The State Museum has free parking on site.
Terms and Conditions:
Please mail a check for $10 payable to the South Carolina State Library to the following address.
Attn: Flora DuBose
SC State Library
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
If you cannot have a check processed before the event, please mail or fax a PO (purchase order) form to 803-734-8676. You may also bring the $10 fee in cash on the day of the workshop and receive a receipt for your records.
All registrations must be completed at least 5 business days before the event. We regret that we are not able to provide refunds. If you would like to cancel your seat and you meet the deadline indicated above, please contact Flora DuBose. You may send another staff person in your place, or receive a credit for a future CE event. Anyone who does not cancel prior to 5 business days before the event will be responsible for payment for the class.
Questions about the session? Contact:
South Carolina State Library
Questions about registration? Contact:
- Friday, June 8, 2018
- 10:00AM - 3:00PM
- South Carolina State Museum
- Continuing Education